The official site of the City of Renton

You are here : Government : City Departments and Services : Public Works : Utility Systems : Surface Water Utility Engineering

Print Friendly Version

Report Spills

Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination

Spill Response – The City of Renton responds to any illicit discharge or spill that enters our city’s public drainage system or threatens a local waterway.   Illicit discharges {Ordinance #5478, G – Discharge Prohibition, pp13} refer to the prohibition of solid and liquid materials, other than surface water and storm water, from entering the public storm drain system. 

Please report spills within the city to (425) 430-7400 as soon as you can so that we can minimize the damage to our City storm systems and natural water bodies (streams, river and lakes). 

If the spill material is a hazardous material, call 911.


  Report Pollution Flyer(1)


Examples of Spills 1


Examples of spills 2