Waste Services and Collection
Waste Management Rainier - Customer Service
720 4th Avenue Suite 400
Kirkland, WA 98033
City of Renton Rate Brochure
Utility Billing Paying Your Bill
Collected Every Week - Yard and Food Waste
- You can put food scraps (meat, cheese, fruit & vegetables, bread, pasta, etc.) with yard waste in your GRAY cart.
- Put the new yard & food decal on your gray cart lid.
- You can collect food scraps in your new kitchen container. Sample approved compostable bags are provided for your use.
- Empty your kitchen container into your yard and food cart.
- Be sure to keep all plastic bags and containers out of the yard and food cart.
Collected Every Other Week - All in One Recycling
- No More Sorting! Combine all clean recyclables in your BLUE cart, which will be emptied every other week.
- More Recyclables! All plastic bottles, jugs and dairy tubs and polycoated paper (milk cartons, freezer boxes, etc.) will be accepted.
Collected Every Other Week - Garbage
- Please bag your garbage before putting into the GREEN cart.
- Wheeled carts are safer - no more lifting and carrying heavy cans!
- Attached lids keep garbage contained and prevent litter.
General Solid Waste Service Information
- For residential service changes, residents MUST notify Utility Billing at 425.430.6852.
- Place all containers at the curb by 7:00 a.m.
- All garbage cans are provided by Waste Management. The 90 gallon toter has a weight limit of 200 pounds and is for yard waste only. No sod will be accepted.
- The City provides one garbage cart, one recycling cart, and one food/yard cart to each household. Carts are the property of the City of Renton.
- Customers will be charged for service requested even if fewer units are serviced on a particular trip.
- Keep items not intended for collection apart from garbage and recycling containers.
- No credit will be given for a skip in scheduled service due to weather or road conditions. Collection missed will be taken on the next possible pick up.
- Pick up days are Monday through Friday, including all holidays, except Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day. If a pickup day falls on or after any of the above holidays, collection will be one day late that week, for the balance of the week through Saturday.
- Recycling and yard waste service is available for multi-family residences.
- For recycling program information, call 425.430.7397 or 425.430.7396.
- Direct debit payment option is available. Call 425.430.6852 for an application.
Mail Utility Payments to:
Utility Billing Division
City of Renton
P.O. Box 9119
Renton, WA 98057-3002
Additional Numbers of Importance-City of Renton
Email the Solid Waste Coordinator