Waste Services and Collection
Customer Service Office
212 Wells Ave S., Suite 104
Renton, WA 98057
Collected Every Week - Organics (Yard and Food Waste)
- You can put food scraps (meat, cheese, fruit & vegetables, bread, pasta, etc.) with yard waste in your GRAY cart.
- Be sure to keep all non-organic items like plastic bags and containers out of the organics cart.
- The organics cart will be emptied every week.
Collected Every Other Week - Recycling
- More Recyclables! In addition to CLEAN plastic bottles, jugs and dairy tubs, and polycoated paper (milk cartons, freezer boxes, etc.), CLEAN clear plastic clamshell take-out containers and trays, plastic plant pots, and plastic bags and films (bundle and tied inside one bag) will be accepted.
- The blue recycling cart will be emptied every other week.
Collected Every Other Week - Garbage
- Items that do not belong in the gray organics cart or blue recycling cart can go in the green garbage cart.
- Please bag your garbage before putting into the green cart.
- The garbage cart will be emptied every other week.
General Solid Waste Service Information
- For residential service changes, contact Republic Services at 206-777-6440.
- Place all containers at the curb by 7:00 a.m.
- All waste containers are provided by Republic Services.
- The City provides one garbage cart, one recycling cart, and one organics (food/yard) cart to each household. Carts are the property of the City of Renton.
- Customers will be charged for service requested even if fewer units are serviced on a particular trip.
- Keep items not intended for collection apart from garbage, recycling and organics containers.
- No credit will be given for a skip in scheduled service due to weather or road conditions. Collection missed will be taken on the next possible pick up.
- Pick up days are Monday through Friday, including all holidays, except Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day. If a pickup day falls on or after any of the above holidays, collection will be one day late that week, for the balance of the week through Saturday.
- Recycling and organics waste service is available for multi-family residences.
- Autopay option is available. Contact Republic Services at 206-777-6440.
- Reduced garbage rate is available for low-income senior citizens (61 and over), and low-income disabled citizens. The current yearly income limit is $35,000.00 per year. To apply, please contact the City of Renton Utility Billing Customer Service at 425-430-6852. Office hours are 8 am - 5 pm, Monday - Friday.
Email the Solid Waste Coordinator