The official site of the City of Renton

intersection of Burnett and South 4th under construction

You are here : Living : Roads and Transportation

Print Friendly Version

Traffic Control Plans

The City of Renton requires any contractor, firm, corporation, or other public/private agency to prepare a traffic control plan and obtain City’s approval of that plan when construction, repair, or maintenance work is to be conducted within the City’s right-of-way.  The plan shall be consistent with the provisions found in the State of Washington Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) for Streets and Highways and must be submitted to Chris Barnes, 425-430-7220, Public Works Department - Transportation Systems Division, at least three (3) working days prior to work.

Get Acrobat ReaderTo view or print the files below you must have the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. If you do not have the Acrobat Reader click on the Adobe icon to download the program.




Organizers of special events, such as parades, fun runs, or other activities requesting their event take place within the City of Renton right-of-way, are required to submit an application form to the Community Services Department. 

This form and other information can be found on the Special Event Planning web page.

Event organizers with questions can contact the Neighborhoods, Resources and Events Division at 425-430-6600.