The city has established a program called "REACT" -- the Renton Enhanced Abatement and Code enforcement Team. This program is a collaborative effort between multiple city departments and community stakeholders to solve chronic nuisances and criminal activity using code enforcement, education, training, community, and economic development tools. The goal of everyone involved in this program is to leverage the public safety efforts throughout the city and use them in combination, where appropriate, to make Renton a great place to live and do business.
- A community where neighborhoods are safe and crime resistant
- Secure voluntary compliance and property owner cooperation to revitalize neighborhoods and deny criminal use of real property
- Maintain safe properties and neighborhoods
- Provide long term solutions to criminal activity
- Assist owners to revitalize their properties