Planning an Event

Contact Information
Recreation and Neighborhoods Division
Renton, WA 98057
After thoughtful and careful consideration, and with the safety of our community and employees as our top priority, the City of Renton has extended the hold on issuing event permits until Phase 4 begins.

At that time, groups of 50 or more will be able to congregate and we will be able to move forward in reviewing and approving City of Renton Special Event Permits. Gatherings of 50 or more is in alignment with the City of Renton Special Event Permit Ordinance (Ordinance #5546).

If you have any questions in the meantime, please email Thank you for your patience during this time and we look forward to when we can help you create successful and safe events in our beautiful city.

Updated information can be found at:

The City of Renton plays a strong role in helping event planners bring people together safely and successfully in small to large-scale events. Individuals planning to hold an event the the city may need to obtain a Special Event Permit.

Events that may qualify would include those planned in whole or in part on public property or private property, and/or that affect the ordinary use of public streets, right-of-ways, trails or sidewalks.

Events that require additional city services above and beyond what would normally be provided (such as police escorts, traffic control, sanitation, and clean-up required to support the event) may also need a special event permit.

City of Renton | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | © 2020 Intrado Corporation. | Disclaimer